Do You Think There Is a Strict Positive Relationship Between Bitcoin and Altcoins?

Aug 13, 2018
It is crystal clear that about 99% of altcoins recorded a huge fall in price as a result of the decline in the price level of bitcoin. The few altcoins that survived the negative spillover effect of the decline in Bitcoin price need not be praised as their survival was not a function of the team work.
Personal, I believe there is a strict positive relationship between Bitcoin price and actions price that is when bitcoin price falls, altcoins price also fall vis-a-vis.
What is your opinion about this?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018
I think about the same thing as you, Bitcoin is the best trading partner in the crypto market, therefore if the price of Bitcoin goes down you will see the altcoin price going down, they have a bond, the number of requests greatly affects the price of each coin

TecScout

Staff member
Aug 23, 2018
Germany
That's why I wonder still how to make it to separate from Bitcoin.

You could see it throughout the year that 99% of altcoins are somehow related to Bitcoin.

meanwords

Nov 5, 2018
Bitcoin is the main pair of all altcoins so when Bitcoin's price decrease, altcoin's price will follow. But when Bitcoin's price increase, there's no guarantee that an altcoin price will increase too.

Aug 13, 2018
almost all altcoins are sold/bought in terms of btc in exchanges. when bitcoin price changes, altcoin prices changes too. however, altcoin prices can change vs bitcoin depending on community demand/acceptance. if more are buying, the price increases.

Aug 13, 2018
the only altcoins that do not change price are those pegged to fiats or price of certain commodities. these fiat based cryptos are usdt, tusd, bit.usd, bit.cny etc etc. some coins pegged their price to gold, silver etc etc or even crude oil.