ETH will crash to zero?!

Sep 22, 2018
I saw this somewhere....

Ethereum is going to $0 in a historic price collapse. With an already 88% price drop, what is 12% more? When the greatest bubble of all time has burst, the greatest drop in history will follow. 1000 alt coins have already failed. Eth. will follow.

Not sure how true, but based on ETH last year's ATH of almost USD$2k, to now USD$200 it is true that ETH has lost 88% to 90% of it value.

So how about another 12% more? :eek:

Aug 22, 2018
I don't believe it for one second.
I think with the block reward reduction prices are gonna go up again (don't expect an explosion back to 1.2K$ either).
The main problem with ETH's price is the unlimited supply imo, you just cannot create unlimited value but the tech is great and even countries have actually invested in ETH wich means it's actually worth something (unlinke many other cryptos).
I don't see it crashing to zero anytime soon by that's just my 2 cents. :)

Benson

Nov 2, 2018
I doubt if ETH is going to crash with the proposed ETH 2.0 (Serenity) that will complement the features ETH lacks such as increase transactions capability, energy consumption etc. It is just a matter of time before ETH withstand the market pressure from EOS.

themonkii

Community Manager
Staff member
Jun 14, 2018
ETH Got me into this game, and I just can't see it going to 0$. I don't like its unlimited supply, but I feel that will one day change. I'm eager to see what happens when it goes PoS vs PoW.

That said, like @luckydoky points out, I'm not sure if we'll be seeing $1200 anytime soon either.

meanwords

Nov 5, 2018
Ethereum won't crash to $0, I'm telling you. It has a big community and that most utilities tokens came from it so it will have some big support. At least now it is currently stable along with Bitcoin and I don't see any falling of the price.

TecScout

Staff member
Aug 23, 2018
Germany
As long as a coin is traded and it is bought for a certain amount of money, it will not go to zero.

That's the usual scare tactic.

ETH is good because the fees are low and you can trade on many stock exchanges.

The market is something for the younger generation. In the coming years, there will be more and more "gambling" because you simply have it in your hands compared to stock trading.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018
I do not see it possible, there are many projects based on ETH, with ERC20, a lot of money at stake, this technology can never fall into a bubble, there is a lot of potential here.

Nov 11, 2018
ETH will never drop under 50 $, you can forget it :) In the January its price will increase very much, besauce some cool updates will come in the middle of the January 2019.

niklasm

Aug 30, 2018
I also don't think this will ever happen. But with crypto ... you never know.
Anyway we are in need for a new bull-run cause all alt's are nearly worthless.