Forget Bitcoin ETF, an ETN Already Allows US Investors to Invest in BTC

themonkii

Community Manager
Staff member
Jun 14, 2018

Makes a pretty valid point. I remember about 5 months back a friend of mine pointing this out to me, and at first I didn't believe it.
That said, take me out of the cryptoworld, and my knowledge drops off fast, lol.

Having said that, I think the market has come to terms with the fact that an ETF in '18 is probably unlikely. That's my personal opinion, anyways.

Nine companies have applied to the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to operate a bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) in the US stock market. The Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) and VanEck bitcoin ETFs are said to have the highest probability of being approved by the SEC by early 2019.

ETFs are publicly tradable instruments listed on the stock market which allow investors to trade assets and commodities with their brokerage accounts. Through ETFs, investors in the stock market can invest in commodities like copper and gold.

Investors in the cryptocurrency sector including BKCM founder Brian Kelly and Fundstrat analyst Tom Lee have said that the introduction of a bitcoin ETF in US markets will effectively legitimize the bitcoin and cryptocurrency market, opening the cryptocurrency sector to a group of investors who were previously not able to invest in BTC, possibly due to regulatory conflicts
Read full article

cammie16

Sep 18, 2018
I just hope that this will help the btc to rise again and I am also hoping that this will not be a temporary good news, anyway, I will keep following and waiting for more good updates about the status of bitcoin.

Jun 16, 2018
This is something people are waiting for to see in goes green and high but it's not something so distrupted and instead quite meaningfull - to go pubblic and be accepted in the govs we need something different than ETF

ani4

Sep 28, 2018
the only "products" I think could be okay for the space are ones that need to be backed up by the underlying asset. I do not like the trend towards financializing the crypto space without actually holding the assets, infinite rehypothecation was the old ponzi-legal-fiat systems method of control/violence...

That being said, let them do that. Focus on securing your crypto and let them play their games..

Aug 13, 2018
Call me a conspiracy theorist but this whole ETF appears to be a massive scam to me. Intentionally or otherwise, its been used as means to an end by manipulating the market with 'will it be approved or not'. Surely, if btc does get ETF approval, it'll do something to markets, but we can't be sure it'll be a positive impact. My two pence.

TCF

Oct 3, 2018
Well, in fact, we will hardly have any news on this subject this year end and I think until March next year too!
What's sad for cryptocurrencies is that it has come to that point in relying on ETF to make progress since most of the projects can not be applied in real life! However, they still do not know GENX.

Sep 18, 2018
Many people waiting to that to happen seen it's been gonna happen many people are gonna invest there also. And I hope it's gonna happen all over the world like in our country this make me excited and partly interesting to invest to it too. I will keep update to this thread to have more info about this news.

nhamie2211

Sep 19, 2018
Well, in fact, we will hardly have any news on this subject this year end and I think until March next year too!
What's sad for cryptocurrencies is that it has come to that point in relying on ETF to make progress since most of the projects can not be applied in real life! However, they still do not know GENX.
Well I just hope that those people who believes in etf will finally realize that they should not focus all their attentions to this and maybe there are more proposals out there that needs more attention.

syclone

Sep 11, 2018
Anybody else notice the ample amount of positive news and yet BTC price doesn't react yet? The herd of money is coming, and the foundation is being built. (Custodial, etf's insurance) etc

Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, even if there are already good news about bitcoin its price still not change and maybe doesn't affected bitcoin. Hoping more good news will come soon so that price will increase again.

aihara1820

Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, even if there are already good news about bitcoin its price still not change and maybe doesn't affected bitcoin. Hoping more good news will come soon so that price will increase again.
The market needs new big investors that will invest huge amount in btc. We need more good news that will make the market hype again. I think soon it will happen again and bitcoin will recover its price.

Abhijit

Sep 20, 2018
At the starting there was no etf theory for bitcoin to rise/dump in price, I don't know how in this year etf can control it's price either, a simple thing is that if we have the technology to use, people will use it, slowly but steasily accept it, same with crypto, this etf and all others things just a glimpse of an uncertain time frame.