relearning Linux after years off

pasabank

Nov 24, 2018
Trying now to install the Linux 64-bit Genx wallet. I have Mint 18 Cinnamon as a dual-boot option and am writing this post from it. My other OS is Win64Pro. I did the download then extracted it, but don't know where to find the executable at this point. If someone else has this same setup...a search on genesis shows these five items (genesis-cli ---- genesisd ---- genesis-tx ---- genesis-qt ---- genesis-2.0.3-linux-x64.zip). I need to get up on Linux soon because I'm trying to "stand-up" the upcoming MN for ZelCore with Digital Ocean and of course Genesisnetwork continuing progress.

pasabank

Nov 24, 2018
Ordered Ubuntu 16 LTS desktop on USB yesterday. My burner has been inconsistent, so used OSDisc.com - Free delivery if over $20 so added the DVD making a total of $20.90. 5 day delivery, looking for it Saturday or Monday.

themonkii

Community Manager
Staff member
Jun 14, 2018
Trying now to install the Linux 64-bit Genx wallet. I have Mint 18 Cinnamon as a dual-boot option and am writing this post from it. My other OS is Win64Pro. I did the download then extracted it, but don't know where to find the executable at this point. If someone else has this same setup...a search on genesis shows these five items (genesis-cli ---- genesisd ---- genesis-tx ---- genesis-qt ---- genesis-2.0.3-linux-x64.zip). I need to get up on Linux soon because I'm trying to "stand-up" the upcoming MN for ZelCore with Digital Ocean and of course Genesisnetwork continuing progress.
Wish I could help, but my linux skills are minimal. I just installed ubuntu last week on a VM for the first time with help from @Jimmy

Oct 21, 2018
I use Win 7 for wallets and mx17 linux for surfing. I see no reason to install wallets on Linux, so I can not help.